Monday, August 25, 2008

The Daily Show skit

So I got checked in through security this morning and I noticed two things. First, a group of cameramen and reporters was following Dan Rather out the front gate. Rather looked liked he had someplace to be, so he kept on going and walked out the gate.
Then I noticed, in an adjacent parking lot within the security perimeter, The Daily Show's trailer. I had seen it parked near our media pavilion. I saw the cast (no Jon Stewart, but pretty much every other male member — sorry, female readers) running off their trailer. They were shooting. Some other reporters were talking to them. I wandered over to watch.
Jason Jones, one of the crew walked over to me and said to one of the production guys, "This guy looks like he'll do," or something along those lines. Then they asked if I'd like to be in a skit. Wow!
So I agreed. I explained that I was a student in addition to being an intern. I got to meet a cast member who has been with the show for about 3 months. He went to school in North Carolina.
Turns out most of the cast, like myself, hadn't been to a convention before.
I also met Rob Riggle, Larry Wilmore and Aasif Mandvi.
More to come....

2 comments:

Jake Sherlock said...

When is your skit going to air?!?

Nate said...

Hey, Jake! Thanks for your message. That's a great question. There's a possibility that it might not air, but I would be tempted to guess as early as tonight (I'm assuming they're doing coverage through the week?). I got a call from their field producer a few minutes ago, and I think I'm supposed to meet up with them again about something (not sure what?) but I'll try to update you ASAP with more. Stay tuned, and thanks for reading!