Sunday, August 17, 2008

I'm in Denver

Good afternoon, friends and co-workers,
I've arrived in Denver and have moved into my room at Regis University, from whence most students attending The Washington Center's programming will be staying during the next two weeks. It's a pretty campus, and the students seem friendly so far.
It's a nice room, though I do wish they would have provided a fitted sheet. Is that so much to ask? Instead, I have two top sheets. Ah, well. It's a minor thing. I'm here, safe and sound, and I'm largely unpacked. I've got a powerful amount of reading to get through in the next several days, but it looks to be a promising experience.
For whom will I be working? An excellent question, one for which I still don't have an answer. But I'll keep you posted (unless, as I found out today, I get assigned to a media member that forbids its employees from blogging!). Talk to you soon. — Nate

2 comments:

Tim said...

just one question...are you at the DNC b/c you support the Democratic candidate or because of others reasons?

Nate said...

Hi, Tim,
Thanks for your question! I'm in Denver as a participant in The Washington Center's Democratic National Convention program. The Center is non-partisan, so I'm essentially here to learn as much as I can about how the process works, and in particular how the media go about covering such events. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get credentials with a member of the media to do some work while I'm here. Having lived in Colorado for most of my life, it's also a nice chance to be surrounded by the beautiful Rocky Mountains and, I hope, visit with my family here.

Thanks, as always, for reading, and keep the questions coming.

Nate