Monday, August 25, 2008

Skits and scatting at the DNC

By skits, I mean "The Daily Show." By scatting, I mean improvising like a fiend.
The people from the show were great, very friendly and it was, of course, awesome to meet them. I'll try to include a list of who, exactly, I met at some point, but for now I'm running out of steam and getting ready to do this again tomorrow.
One of my bosses had suggested today that I talk to our radio guy about possibly getting some quotes for him. It sounded like a sweet gig. I went and talked to him, and he was more than willing to get me out talking to people. I interviewed Connecticut delegates: Did they think Barack Obama would win Connecticut? What would Hillary Clinton say on Tuesday night to unite the party? What did they think of Joe Biden being the VP pick?
Most thought that Obama would win Connecticut without a problem; one told me he did strong there in the primary. Another delegate told me that Clinton has the ability to rouse her supporters, and that it would be a very positive thing on Tuesday if she's able to do that. I later went back and talked to other Connecticut delegates about Sen. Joseph Lieberman (ID-Conn.***) speaking at the Republican National Convention. The two I spoke with seemed to think he should pick a party and be done with it.

***See above for correction.

More notes:
• I figured out how to get onto the floor with rotating press credentials. Basically, there's a section you can enter where you show your hall credentials and give your name and company, and then you can get onto the floor for a half-hour.
• I'm way behind, I'm confident, on homework back home in Missouri, and on writing my essay in summary of the convention and so forth. I really hope I can get a grasp on that soon. I'll write some tonight before collapsing (metaphorically, of course).
• Fair-type food is pretty much the extent of eats within the Pepsi Center, with complete respect for everyone who staffs these restaurants. I'm talking about hot dogs, candied nuts, lemonade, popcorn, etc.

No comments: